AZWINS 2022 matches will mimic the WNS matches. The biggest add will be the long range events in conjunction with the USIMLT Long Range Team
Link to 2021 AZWINS Schedule of Events does not exist
2022 AZWINS Schedule of Events does not exist yet
2022 AZWINS Long Range Course of Fire and Rules is below
Arizona Western Independent National Shoot
February 6-12, 2022
AZWINS Roundball Matches
March 23rd through March31st, 2022
Desert International Black Powder Long Range Championship
Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Phoenix, Arizona
Three Categories are: Muzzle Loader, Cartridge Rifle and Vintage Sniper
All Target Rifle Matches may be shot from any position including bench for competitors unable to shoot from the prone Position.
All shooting each day from one firing point, no firing line changes.
No match provided target pullers. Competitors will pull targets. Pit change after each relay.
Muzzle Loaders and Cartridge Rifles Black Powder or Pyrodex only
Cartridge Rifle Competitors cross sticks, wrist rest and/or sling, Vintage Sniper Sand Bags only, Muzzle Loaders USIMLT Rules
Shooters Meeting 7:45 AM each day at designated firing line
March 21st & 22nd, The BPCR silhouette match has been cancelled because the range could not be scheduled for the dates requested.
March 23rd, for .22 Long Rifle Chambered Rifles with .22 Long Rifle Ammunition only.
- All shooting from the 200 yard line. One 20 shot relay three targets = 60 shots total, 20 scoring shots each distance maximum 4 sighting shots each 20 shot string. Two shooters to target and firing point.
- 60 minutes each relay with one 3 minute preparation period for each of two shooters alternating. Shooter 2 twenty shots for score then shooter 2 twenty shots for score. Pit change. Then shooter 1 twenty shots for score then shooter 2 twenty shots for score.
- Standard Mid Range 200 yard target at 200 yards with reduced size targets to simulate visual differences at 300 & 600 yards all fired from 200 yards.
- Two classes, .22 LR BPTR Rifle and .22 LR Open Rifle, sights iron or scope.
- .22 LR BPTR Rifles cross sticks or wrist rest, .22 LR Open sand bags only.
- Walk on shooters shooting the .22 LR Match only pay $35.00 in cash U.S. funds correct change at match and are exempt the $30.00 administration fee. 48 maximum total entries.
March 24th & 25th, 500 & 600 yards mid-range target.
- Three 10 round strings for record each day
- Cartridge Rifle and Muzzle Loaders unlimited sighters, Vintage Sniper Rifles three sighter shots, first hit on paper is first sighter shot. Sighters are not convertible. All shooters must declare when going for score.
- Cartridge Rifle & Vintage Sniper allowed Spotter/Scorer
- Muzzle Loaders, USIMLT Rules, self spotting and scoring, first hit on paper first recorded sighter shot, up to five convertible sighters, reverse count. May snap caps and load barrel during preparation period, apply final cap in firing position.
March 26th, Long Range Sight in Day
March 27th & 28th, 800 & 000 yards on designated standard Long Range Targets.
- 2 x 15 record shots each distance for 60 shot aggregate. 30 record shots from 900 yards March 27th and 30 record shots from 900 yards March 10th.
- One 3 minute preparation period plus 50 minutes for two shooters to complete firing of each 10 record shot strings. Pair firing permitted.
- Limit 3 non convertible sighter shots all 3 categories.
March 29th to 31st, three day Steve Rhoades Memorial World Championship 1,000 yards is the last 20 rounds for score of the 80 round aggregate match.
- 3 x 10 = 30 rounds for score, 2 relays alternating shooters. No spotter, no coach. Scorer only all categories. Shooter must declare when going for score.
- First shot to hit paper is first sighter, 3 sighters only, all 3 categories.
- 45 minute relays for two shooters with one 3 minute preparation period.
- Pair firing permitted, Muzzle Loaders may snap caps and load barrel during preparation period. Muzzle loaders may cap loaded rifle only when in firing position. No sighter conversions.
On March 31s, Awards and Banquet for competitors upon completion of record fire with time and place to be announced during the match. For additional Banquet attendees please add $10.00 each with name to your entry form.
Shooting time will be in competitor packet. Early registration recommended. Space limited.